|ActiveMQ 5.10 is currently being developed, and has not been released yet!|
ActiveMQ 5.10.0 Release (in progress)
Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 resolves more than XXX issues, mostly bug fixes and improvements. It has the following new features:
New Features and noteworthy improvements and fixes
- Transport socket.xxx options is being validated, which helps catching typo mistakes, or attempting to use non existing options.
- Upgraded to latest release of hawtio web console.
- Fixed ActiveMQ Camel component configured with userName, and password not being used, if using the factory methods on ActiveMQComponent.
- Improved the ActiveMQ Camel component configured using the factory methods to use a pooled connection factory out of the box.
- XPath Selectors using the default xalan library now use pre compiled xpath expressions.
- Fixed journaledJDBC persistence checkpoint task may throw IOException - Already Started; when a connection to the JDBC database could not be obtained.
- Removed org.apache.activemq.camel.converter.IdentityMessageReuseConverter class from the activemq-camel component.
Getting the Binary Distributions
Verify the Integrity of Downloads
It is essential that you verify the integrity of the downloaded files using the PGP or MD5 signatures. The PGP signatures can be verified using PGP or GPG. Begin by following these steps:
- Download the KEYS
- Download the asc signature file for the relevant distribution
- Verify the signatures using the following commands, depending on your use of PGP or GPG:
(Where <version> is replaced with the actual version, e.g., 5.1.0, 5.2.0, etc.).
Alternatively, you can verify the MD5 signature on the files. A Unix program called md5 or md5sum is included in most Linux and Unix distributions. It is also available as part of GNU Textutils. Windows users can utilize any of the following md5 programs:
Getting the Binaries using Maven 2
To use this release in your maven project, the proper dependency configuration that you should use in your Maven POM is:
Getting the Source Code
SVN Tag Checkout
TODO: Update to 5.10 version
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see the release notes
Also see the previous ActiveMQ 5.9.0 Release