The Apache ActiveMQ Project is pleased to announce the availability of Apollo 1.0 Beta 2. ActiveMQ Apollo is a faster, more reliable, easier to maintain messaging broker built from the foundations of the original ActiveMQ. It is focused on being the fastest most reliable STOMP 1.1 and 1.0 server available.
This Beta release features:
- Stomp 1.0 Protocol Support
- Stomp 1.1 Protocol Support
- Topics and Queues
- Queue Browsers
- Durable Subscriptions on Topics
- Reliable Messaging
- Message swapping
- Message Selectors
- JAAS Authentication
- ACL Authorization
- SSL/TLS Support
- REST based management
Feedback is always welcome!
Change since the last beta include:
- Enable the jvmassert scala compiler plugin so that asserts are disabled by default at runtime unless enabled with the JVM -ea flag.
- Reduce verbosity of the internal debug message.
- Used the latest release of the stomp JMS client.
- Don't assume all connectors will be AcceptingConnectors.
- If the user sets the
JMX_OPTSthen, don't use our defaults.
- Source the
etc/apollo.profileif it exists.
- Protect against NPE.
- Configure the receive buffer size on the server socket so that it get properly set on the sockets that get accepted.
- Doco: Adding more config details about transport protocols
- Doco: Better looking downloads page.
- Doco: Have the links look different than the headers.
- Rename the multi protocol to any since that reads better from the point of view of
- Simpler tcp transport option setup.
- Make the stomp max allowed headers sizes and friends configurable.
- Only trim headers in STOMP 1.0
- Making more socket options configurable on the tcp transport.
- Delay shutting down on disconnect to allow the receipt to be sent back to the client.
- Implemented an
apollo-broker-servicescript which can be used to start/stop and manage a broker that is run in the background.
- Fixes AMQ-3295 : better logging messages.
- Simplify setting up the session refiller.
- display the base dir.
- Simpler getting started guide.
- Report the apollo install location when starting up the broker.
- Better dispatch execution assertion checking to catch usage errors.
- Add a linked assertion check to provide a friendlier usage error message.
- Fixes /AMQ-3267 - Make it able run Apollo without setting env variables
- Fixes AMQ-3265 : Added a
Waiting for messages...console message to all the listener examples.
- Fixes AMQ-3264 : Add an
- Add a shutdown hook which stops the broker.
- Adding a toString method to queues of easier debugging.
- Display more DBD store stats: # of pending stores.