The Apache ActiveMQ Project is pleased to announce the availability of Apollo 1.0 Beta 3. ActiveMQ Apollo is a faster, more reliable, easier to maintain messaging broker built from the foundations of the original ActiveMQ. It is focused on being the fastest most reliable STOMP 1.1 and 1.0 server available.
- Stomp 1.0 Protocol Support
- Stomp 1.1 Protocol Support
- Topics and Queues
- Queue Browsers
- Durable Subscriptions on Topics
- Reliable Messaging
- Message swapping
- Message Selectors
- JAAS Authentication
- ACL Authorization
- SSL/TLS Support
- REST Based Management
Noteworthy changes since the last beta include:
- APLO-6 - Alternative topic separators should be supported in Apollo, as in ActiveMQ
- APLO-11 - Support HTTPS access to the REST management API
- APLO-12 - Support finer grained security in the REST based admin API
- APLO-21 - Support a protocol interceptor plugins to allow policy enforcement
- APLO-22 - Support generic service plugins to on a broker so that admins can start/stop additional opaque services along /w the broker.
- APLO-26 - Support directly addressing durable subscription queues
- APLO-27 - Support finer grained selection of record and fields in the REST interface
- APLO-29 - Add a new broker security roll to control access to viewing the broker configuration.
- APLO-32 - Support Connector start/stop actions in the management interface
- APLO-33 - Support deleting queues from the management interface.
- APLO-35- - Support installing as a background windows service
- APLO-37- Update BDB store to use a single BTree for all queue entries and use variable encoding for the keys
It is recommended to you generate a new broker instance for this release. The 1.0 beta3 release uses a slightly different default configuration (to create a https port for administration). If your were using the BDB store, this new release uses a totally different storage layout so you should export the data from the previous versions, wipe the data directory and then import it into the broker on the new release.
Feedback is always welcome!