Apache ActiveMQ 5.3 is primarily a maintenance release which resolves 334 issues.
New Features in 5.3
The new features and enhancements in this release include:
- New KahaDB persistent storage
- Camel 2.0.0 along with its web console
- stomp over SSL and NIO support
- Improved configuration - default one production oriented and a lot of use case configuration examples (like scalability and throughput)
- Ability to query broker for statistics from non-Java clients (by sending a message)
- More broker plugins included to help tracing messages in networks, improving logging, etc.
- FTP support for blob messages
- Improved activemq-admin to lookup for local processes if possible
- ... and much more