BOARD REPORT - October 2011
- The development and user lists continue to stay active.
- No new committers or PMC members added.
- A LGPL licensed artifact was discovered to be in a Apache Camel dependency which was included in the ActiveMQ 5.4.0, 5.4.1, 5.4.2 and 5.5.0 releases. We have removed the release from the Apache download server and released ActiveMQ 5.4.3 and 5.5.1 with the artifacts removed.
- ActiveMQ 5.6 is about to be released.
- Apollo 1.0 is approaching completion. Several betas have been released and it has shown to be stable and easy to manage. The Apollo messaging engine will likely be the path used to implement ActiveMQ 6.0.
Trademark / Branding Status
- The activemq.org and activemq.com TLD's are owned by other entities
- Need to investiate if we should be using (R) instead of (TM) for the ActiveMQ mark
- Sub-projects need to be reviewed to make sure they are also compliant
- Documentation and readme files will also be reviewed for compliance
- Apache ActiveMQ 5.5.1
- Apache ActiveMQ 5.4.3
- Apache Apollo 1.0 beta 5
- Apache ActiveIO 3.1.3