BOARD REPORT - July 2016
- The ActiveMQ Broker continues to see continued bug fixes and feature additions
- Support added for AMQP over WebSockets added for inclusion in 5.14.0
- Improvements to the KahaDB message store allowing for better store clean up.
- Important fixes continue to be ported to the 5.13.x branch and a new 5.13.4 release is nearing release readiness.
- ActiveMQ Artemis continues working towards adding ActiveMQ 5.x equivalent features, client compatibility and improvements:
- The OpenWire protocol implementation is now feature complete
- The Database journal has been improved and support added for:
- Database storage for large messages has been added
- HA using replication has been heavily tested and had several improvements
- The AMQP protocol has had a lot of attention including many fixes and support for AMQP link drain and subscription addresses
- MQTT protocol has been updated to support interceptors and cross protocol communication
- Dual-authentication is now supported so SSL and non-SSL connections can be authenticated by different JAAS login modules.
- The broker's SSL keystores can now be reloaded on demand without stopping the broker.
- JMS topics are now auto-created by default when a producer sends a message or a client subscribes.
- The name of the authenticated user can now be automatically added to the messages it sends.
- STOMP clients can now have their authentication and authorization based on their SSL certificate.
- Lots of smaller bug fixes and performance improvements
- Currently 23 PMC members
- Martyn Taylor was added to the PMC on Sun Jul 10 2016
- Last PMC addition: Sun Jul 10 2016 (Martyn Taylor)
Committer base changes
- Currently 56 committers
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Matt Richard Hogstrom at Thu Jan 28 2016
- 5.13.3 was released on Sun May 01 2016
- ActiveMQ Artemis 1.3.0 was released on Tue Jun 14 2016
- Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.7.2 was released on Wed Apr 06 2016
Mailing list activity
- 741 subscribers (up 14 in the last 3 months)
- 638 emails sent to list (837 in previous quarter)
- 367 subscribers (up 14 in the last 3 months)
- 909 emails sent to list (653 in previous quarter)
- 43 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months)
- 2159 emails sent to list (1698 in previous quarter)
- 261 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 262 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
(Most of this information is pulled from reporter.apache.org)