BOARD REPORT - April 2017
- The 5.x broker continues to see ongoing bug fixing and stabilization work.
- ActiveMQ Artemis
- Continued work on broker performance especially around the AMQP protocol.
- Artemis now uses Netty Epoll on platforms that support it providing improved performance at the network layer.
- ActiveMQ Other
- A new tooling project aimed at provided a simple means of migrating data from existing ActiveMQ 5.x brokers to Artemis install has started.
- The ActiveMQ NMS project had its SVN repositories migrated to Git to make future contributions simpler.
- Discussion in the community around donation of work on a new ActiveMQ NMS AMQP client implementation.
- Currently 24 PMC members
- Clebert Suconic was added to the PMC on Thu Oct 27 2016
Committer base changes
- Currently 58 committers
- Christian Schneider was added as a committer on Wed Jan 04 2017
- ActiveMQ 5.14.4 was released on Wed Mar 01 2017
- ActiveMQ Artemis 1.5.3 was released on Sun Feb 19 2017
- ActiveMQ Artemis 1.5.4 was released on Sun Mar 12 2017
- ActiveMQ Artemis 2.0.0 was released on Sun Mar 19 2017
- ActiveMQ-CPP v3.9.4 was released on Wed Feb 22 2017
Report submitted on 11 Apr 2017
(Most of this information is pulled from reporter.apache.org)