This page captures resources and articles outside the ActiveMQ project which may assist your development. Please add any new resources that you come across by clicking the edit link at the bottom of the page. If you do this, please make sure to attach a date to the article as well so users are aware of how recent it is.
Interviews and Podcasts
- ActiveMQ FeatherCast, James Strachan is interviewed on the ActiveMQ project
Webinars, Videos and Screencasts
- Connecting to ActiveMQ with Payara Server by Steve Millidge (December, 2015)
- Messaging for Web and Mobile with Apache ActiveMQ by Dejan Bosanac (June, 2013)
- ActiveMQ in Action: Common Problems and Solutions by Bruce Snyder (July, 2011)
- Mutual SSL authentication and LDAP authorisation for ActiveMQ by Christopher Hunt (March, 2009)
- Made of Messages by Matt Biddulph of Dopplr
- Publish-Subscribe with ActiveMQ and NMS
- Implementing Request-Response with ActiveMQ and NMS by Mark
- Understanding Memory Usage by Christian Posta gives an overview and dive into the memory usage of the broker.
Maintenance and Monitoring
- Running ActiveMQ and hawtio in Standalone Mode by Bennet Schulz (July, 2016)
- Management and monitoring ActiveMQ using hawtio (how to install hawtio out of the box in ActiveMQ) by Dejan Bosanac (April 2014)
- Use JConsole with ActiveMQ for a quick JMS test client by Rod Biresch (January 2008)
- High Availability ActiveMQ using MySQL and Ruby by Craig R Webster (December 2008)
- Setting up a PostgreSQL database for ActiveMQ by Adrian Trenaman (September 2008)
- Spring JMS Examples with ActiveMQ by Bruce Snyder (June 2011)
- Tuning JMS Message Consumption In Spring by Bruce Snyder (May 2010)
- Synchronous Request Response with ActiveMQ and Spring by CodeDependents (March 2010)
- Using Spring to Receive JMS Messages by Bruce Snyder (February 2010)
- Using Spring to Send JMS Messages by Bruce Snyder (February 2010)
- Efficient Lightweight JMS with Spring and ActiveMQ by CodeDependents (Octover 2009)
- ActiveMQ Message Consumer in Spring by Saveen Kumar (October 2008)
JRuby/Ruby, Rails and/or Stomp
- Introduction to ActiveMessaging, using Rails with ActiveMQ or Stomp by Andrew Kuklewicz
- Python messaging: ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ by Night Tale
- Multicasting, Messaging, ActiveMQ vs. MSMQ? by stackoverflow.com
- JMS Performance Comparison by www.fiarano.com
- How does ActiveMQ compare to JBossMQ
- Why use ActiveMQ over JBossMQ?
- How does ActiveMQ compare to Mule?
- Performance and scalability: Analysis and comparison of ActiveMQ, Websphere MQ and SonicMQ
- ActiveMQ vs. Camel vs. Qpid
Books and Reference Guides
- Beside these extract of interviews, articles and videos there are also some books available. Take a look at the Books page.
- Many commercial providers have additional examples, articles, tutorials, documentation, etc…