The Apache ActiveMQ Project is pleased to announce the availability of Apollo 1.0. ActiveMQ Apollo is a faster, more reliable, easier to maintain messaging broker built from the foundations of the original ActiveMQ. Apollo is the fastest and most robust STOMP server.
- Stomp 1.0 Protocol Support
- Stomp 1.1 Protocol Support
- Topics and Queues
- Queue Browsers
- Durable Subscriptions on Topics
- Mirrored Queues
- Reliable Messaging
- Message Expiration
- Message Swapping
- Message Selectors
- JAAS Authentication
- ACL based Authorization
- SSL/TLS Support and Certificate based Authentication
- REST Management API
Noteworthy changes since the last beta include:
- [APLO-120] - Add a —with-ssl option to the apollo create command to control if an SSL enabled configuration is created.
- [APLO-134] - LevelDB store should use a file lock so a broker instance get exclusive access to the store data.
- [APLO-135] - Add example to the distro that shows how you can boot up an embedded broker in a Java app.
- [APLO-109] - Apollo should run with assertions enabled by default unless APOLLO_ASSERTIONS=false is set in the env.
- [APLO-110] - Provide more information in case of authentication failure
- [APLO-112] - Support for TLS 1.2
- [APLO-118] - All configuration attributes which configure memory/disk usage sizes should support values like “1k” “2G” etc.
- [APLO-124] - call the LoginModule.logout method
- [APLO-125] - Client authentication error message
- [APLO-128] - Simplify the leveldb-store's log record format so that every record has a checksum which can be used to quickly validate all read data in case your paranoid about data corruption in your FS
- [APLO-130] - Allow acquired queue entries to get swapped. This is especially handy if the entry was already persisted anyways.
- [APLO-131] - Stores should track “storage schema version number” to detect when the store is incompatible with a new broker version.
- [APLO-136] - Support dots in a dsub name
- [APLO-141] - The connection screen displays 'transport: tcp' even though the connection came in over the tls port.
- [APLO-139] - Simplify the JSON encoding of the @class field
Feedback is always welcome!