XMPP Protocol Support (Jabber!)
We have support for XMPP (Jabber) as a transport in ActiveMQ.
To use just add a connector as follows
And you can now use XMPP to connect to the broker & send and receive messages.
XMPP Support in Apache ActiveMQ
ActiveMQ provides a bidirectional bridge between ActiveMQ messages and XMPP.
Using a Jabber Client
Basically, you should be able to connect from any Jabber-compatible client to the broker. The below example is using Spark 2.0.0 version. For more details on connecting with different clients take a look at #Jabber clients compatibility.
To connect to Apache ActiveMQ try the following...
4. You should now see the following screen...
5. Now click on the Join Conference Room button (next to the Add Contact button) and the following dialog should appear
6. Now press the Create or Join Room button to get the following dialog. Enter a JMS topic name, in this case foo.bar and you're good to go...
7. Now your chat window should appear for talking and listening to the topic foo.bar. So start typing to test things out.
8. Now if you go to the Topic Console in the Web Console you should see the topic has been created
9. If you now click on the Send To link next to the foo.bar topic you can send a message to the topic from the web console.
10. Press send and you should see the chat appear on the chat window
Jabber clients compatibility
Here you can find specfic issues and workarounds for various Jabber clients. If you have some of your own, please post them here.